If you are a sales person and hate doing your expenses report, this is for you:
If I tell you that the only thing you have to do is to take a picture of any ticket that you probably have in your wallet and the rest of your expenses report is done automatically? What would you think?
I wasn’t sure, it really could capture the data automatically from the ticket and put it into a database without any previous template. So I decided to try it myself with some tickets.
I followed the next steps with no hassle and the result really surprised me.
- Downloaded the app and signup with my email address. Captio creates a user in their cloud.
- From the app, I snapped a picture of some of the tickets I had in my wallet. I realized how long they are these days.
- After a few seconds the file was sent to their cloud server to run an OCR and after a while I saw some results. It toke a long while, few minutes maybe, so I recommend you take some pictures and leave it working in the background while you do something else.
- The free version has a 10 tickets limit so it’s only to test the app. Prices start from 8€/month for freelancers, 60€/month for small business up to 10 users and 700€/month for up companies with up to 100 users. It may look a bit pricy for an app but it really frees you from a
pain in the *hassle.
- Yes a couple tickets didn’t came trough but they where really wrinkled ones. I deleted them and tried again. You can also upload a manual ticket.
- At the end of the process, you can mark some or all of the tickets and send them via email to your book keeper and it automatically add them and send the total amount. If you have a company account, your accountant will be able to get them in their account, so you don’t even have to send them over. You can also ask for the approval of your boss. He will be able to confirm them and pass them over to the appropriate department.
I would definitely recommend Captio to anyone who likes working in the field and hates the paperwork thats normally left behind and suddenly has to be done on the weekend before the end of the month. It’s also interesting for accountants that don’t like to go behind the sales team. Or to anyone that likes to automate back-office jobs.
See the result of our Quiz here:
- How many tickets do you have in your wallet now? Seriouslly! count them.
- When are you going to make your expenses report?
- How long it takes each time you do your report?